Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Work work work work

Hmm....what have I been up to? I've been working a lot. I'm working on a project that has to be done before Christmas at work. So, to make that happen, we've all been working crazy hours and weekends. I just hope I make it to Christmas. In fact, I'm pretty excited about Thanksgiving next week. A break will be nice.

I am fortunate to have two invitations for Thanksgiving this year. Jeff is an engineering manager that I met on my last trip to Canada. Jeff and his wife invited me over for cedar plank salmon which will be my first Thanksgiving dinner of the day. My friend Faisal is having his family's Thanksgiving at his house this year and that will be my second Thanksgiving. I think I'm the only non-Bangladeshi attending so I'm excited to see how this turns out. I'm making pecan and pumpkin pies (from scratch!).

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of year. Not only do you get to spend it with friends, but its the Christmas kick-off. I get excited about Black Friday. I pick up Thursdays paper and plan all the sales I want to hit. I'm probably going to make the ludacris trip up to the outlets at midnight followed by early morning hits at the best sales. I'll go home and crash...and then it's Christmas tree time. That weekend I fill out all my Christmas cards so they go out in Monday's mail. If I'm really feeling motivated, I make cookies or fudge to bring into work.

So, I'm pretty jazzed about the holidays. However, by New Years Day...I'll be ready to pack it all away again. :)

No comments: