Sunday, July 27, 2008

Goldschlager and other mistakes...

I went to Metalsome at 10 High last night with Greg, Rich and Tuba. It started out innocently enough with dinner at the Vortex. Then we had a little pre-metalsome cheer and headed to 10 High. The place was half empty when we showed up at 10:15 but by 10:35 it was packed. I met some new people (Tommy the bouncer, Steve the p.e. teacher from Lawrenceville, Rich's friend Emily who I stupidly called Erin all night) and some old...Faisal's friend Suber and his friend Matt I had met at trivia last month. Metalsome was a great time as usual. You can scream at the top of your lungs and no one would know it. We witnessed one dude get up to do a song and then proceed to propose to his girlfriend on stage.

I started a new job last week. The job promises to be demanding and I may have bitten off more than I can chew. My role is somewhat undefined and my manager assigns new duties left and right. I wish I could fast forward six months or a year and have a better idea of what I'm in for.

The bathroom remodel rolls on. I've been through two and a half tubs of drywall mud. I've added three layers of mud. I finally have the sanding done and am ready to paint. I really should be painting right now. :)

I'm excited about Heather coming out at the end of August. Yay!

No comments: